Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beads for Shows







I have been starting to MAKE BEADS for three bead shows I'm going to do this year. The first up is the Whole Bead Show in Lynnwood WA in early May. EEEK. I have been busting my wrists to twist that mandrel and keep those beads warm. This is what I have come up with for new sets. Yes they are on a paper plate (needed to put them somewhere).



I cleaned and strung these all up over the last two days. I do not recommend procrastinating cleaning beads. Just do a few at a time, so much easier. I think there are around 50 sets here.



My focals were pushed off the plate for the photo, but I thought I would start with sets. Really was into production mode here and I haven't done much of that before, but it was a way to make a lot of beads in a short time. I missed a few (like red with just the silver wire and green with the ivory stripe with silver wire). Purples are in the kiln now. I kept telling my mom I wasn't done and needed to make a set in dark teal or pink (to come) and she said "do you have to make the entire rainbow." Silly mom, of course! Can't skip one color.




Which color is your favorite? I think I like the white beads with Copper Green polka dots or the red with different sized polka dots.



















7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love love love the turquoise!

Lara Lutrick said...

Thanks Sandra

LisaS said...

ooooh I like the little smiley guys, those are really cute ;)

Good luck with your upcoming shows!

Lara Lutrick said...

Thanks Lisa. They are super cute and the other ones are peace signs and hearts, very fun to play with.

steufel said...

Drooling here:-)

Shai Williams said...

I wasn't even aware that we were having a bead show here in WA. Have to try to attend.

Erin Dubrow said...

I like the lime green!