Tuesday, August 11, 2009

MORE DISCS


I blogged before about making disc beads. I have not stopped and just love them and just can't seem to stop. No mater that they aren't selling. I'm still having fun. I have finally (after a decade) figured out how to get them round (well mostly). I just have to tell myself to slow down and work cool (I tend to work really hot).
Tips for making the discs:
- Work slower and cooler, but if it does get wonky, melt into a round and you have some matching rounds to go with your disks (I have a lot of these)
- Heat up more of the rod than just the tip so that as you continue building the disc, you don't have to stop and heat the rod.
- I find that rocking the rod up and down helps me keep a smaller thread of glass and not create a big blob (your results my vary).
- If you get it off center, make a heart by creasing the top and pulling out the bottom to a point.


I have discs on my Website, Etsy and ArtFire. Click on the photos above to see them for sale. Click on my links to the right to find more disc sets for sale.

3 comments:

Deborah Lambson said...

ahh they're gorgeous...delicious color ♥
I don't know why discs aren't selling right now~ I'm sure it will change soon!

Lara Lutrick said...

I hope so. Just when I get good at them I can't sell them. EH, I made some awesome earrings with some though.

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS ....

have a wonderful weekend

mona & the girls