Things I learned at my three day local show: Maple Valley Days.
In no particular order.....
- Dad's are the best! Thanks for helping me set up and take down dad.
- Three days is a long show. I was so pooped after each day and didn't feel back to normal until mid day Monday. Why does sitting at a show all weekend make your tired (I'm guessing that it is being "on" all weekend.
- The four hour farmer's market is looking really good right now (see above).
- Compliments on my artwork is like food for my soul.
- Having great booth neighbors makes the days so much better. Thanks to Mama Rizzos and Chelane's Jams for being great neighbors.
- I missed having my booth mate Lori, it is great to have someone to talk to (and watch your stuff when you have to pee or eat).
- Maple Valley Days has lots of commercial booths and I like arts/crafts festivals better.
- Teenagers like to hang out a Maple Valley Days. Of course I was between the food and the carnival rides, so the teens were there too.
- Teen girls REALLY like tight jeans. Just a tip, if I can see your buttocks crease through your jeans, they are too tight.
- Preteen boys think melting glass is really cool and give the nicest complements "handmade is so cool, everything is being made in China these days." YAY, future cosumer of my beads.
- I should have made my long banner white (see above). DUH, I have a black table cloth.
- I like my new banners.
- Sitting on a slight slope is annyoing and hurts one's ankles.
- Sitting near the restrooms is not a bad thing.
- Skateboards look really different than when I was in highschool (makes me feel old).
- Fair food smells so good, but costs so much.