Sunday, January 20, 2013

Aspire to Wire Day #11 - Biker Babe Earrings


I'm a little behind in projects and postings on my Aspire to Wire e-course. Day 11's project was called Biker Babe Earring. I was glad to see the project as I had a lot of these horseshoe loops from the bracelet I made (see below). Kerry's earrings had a very long top piece that hooked to the earwire. 


These were already HUGE compared to what I normally wear, so the top arch in the original was just too much for me (also the shape was not my style). So, for the top piece I made a round wire the same size as the central circle, then made a loop in the center and used that to hold the ear wire, snipped most of the wire off and attached it to the center wire. I'm pleased with the shape. Still had tons of chipping with this color of wire. Photo with iPad, not the best quality, sorry. 

Also I made another bangle, this time with a button that had been languishing in my Etsy shop. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how this turned out. 
 

No comments: