Sunday, April 5, 2009

BUNNIES

I rarely can pinpoint where I get my ideas for beads, but my bunny bead is an exception. I started making these beads last year around this time to get ready for Easter. I think they are super cute.

My mom has a Terra Cotta pot with a large Lop Rabbit on the front. Neither of us can remember the artist, but she got the pot at an art's fair in the Seattle area. This bunny is so sweet, look at that face. One day I was thinking about what to make next and I was looking at the pot and decided to try. Here you can see the pot with the circles drawn on where I was looking for the basics of the design.

First a drew a pattern on paper to get the shapes down, then did some dots on the bead and pushed and pulled the dots into ears, a face, and legs.

Tada..... bunny bead. Both of these bunnies are available on Etsy. I also have a bunny bead on Artfire. Check under the user name: Lutrick


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are very cute! By the way...the blue organic bead you have listed on the rapid cart is SO beautiful! I love it!

Lara Lutrick said...

Thanks Nancy

Bonhomie said...

Adorable! I love your lampwork! Thanks for the visit!

Deronda designs... said...

Oh, the bunnies are adorable, super adorable.
I think I should start sketching...might help me get past some of my creative blocks.

Lauren said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting. And thanks for the compliment (and order)!

You're beads are beautiful. Wow, you're so talented!

Unknown said...

so cute Lara..
mona & the girls